Tuesday, March 9, 2010

12 Days To LA!

12 days left until the LA Marathon. I have a lot of mixed emotions going on. Exicted, nervous, etc. Trying not to think about it too much because then I play head games with myself. It felt really good to get in an easier long run over the weekend. I was supposed to do 12, but cut it short and only did 10 because my body felt tired. For the next two weeks I plan on really tuning in and listening to how my body feels, no reason to overdue it.

Over the weekend I bought my Marathon outfit! I caved and went to lululemon again. Hate the prices, love love love the clothes. Going to take the shorts for a test run tonight and the tank over the weekend. I opted for some tight shorts and a loose, light top. Over the years I have converted from running in soccer shorts, "normal" running shorts, to tight running shorts. I really like the tighter shorts, they hold everything together and I have not had any chaffing since wearing them. Haha, I also think people take me more seriously in the tight ones, I recieve many a nod from other runners and bikers. Either that or my butt just looks that good in them. Kidding!! I made sure to pick a bright top so that I stand out when my supporters are looking for me....I am not a girl who wears pink to run, just not my thing. I wore purple for my last race and that was pushing it.

Looking forward to an easy 4-5 miles tonight, some kickball and then tacos with the team after.

Ashley

...I now have "The Final Countdown" song stuck in my head...bonus points if you have seen the one on YouTube with the kazookeylele..

No comments:

Post a Comment