Friday, March 5, 2010

Baby Steps

I know it is cliche, but thank goodness today is Friday. This week has been draining. It has definately had its ups and downs. Monday was Monday, nothing special. A rest day after my 20 miles on Sunday. Tuesday was a fantastic workout day! After work I went to run some gigantic stairs by my building at the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook. Amazing views from downtown to the beach, I only wish it had been a clearer night. Then after stairs I went for a quickie on the strand and then off to play kickball! Hadn't done that in ages! Wednesday was long. GRE and an info session at CSULB. My scores on the GRE were decent enough that I can now get the process of apply going. I really want to get everything in ASAP so I can get admitted early. And now for Thursday, quite possibly the worst work day I have had ever. EVER. I had my review and all was going well until they asked me how I felt. And boy did I ever. It was like a tidal wave of emotion burst out of me. While it was probably not the best way to do it, it felt good to devulge all that I had bottled up inside.

Finally Friday. Free breakfast in the AM, Chipotle for our coworker's last day for lunch and my favorite spin class tonight. I can't think of a better way to end the week.

I need to remember that everyone has good and bad days. Change is not instantaneous. It takes time and hard work. And to get where I want to be, I am ready to work my tail off. I am so excited to apply and (hopefully) get accepted to grad school and start a new chapter of my life this August. Seems like a long way away, but I'm sure I can find somethings to keep me busy in the meantime.

This weekend begins the taper. 12 miles set for tomorrow, might get some rain, but I don't mind. My friend Sarah wants to come out to run a few miles with me so it will be nice to have some company for a bit. I am looking forward to having a good, healthy and productive weekend. The fridge is loaded with good foods, so it is up to me to make the responsible choices. New Runner's World to read too. YAY!

Have a great weekend,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment