Monday, October 18, 2010

Post Long Beach Marathon

I am sore. Physically yes, but mostly mentally. Yesterday was just not my day. Everything started great, almost too great, I probably went out too fast. And then I just fell apart. I just didn't feel like running anymore, I can't even explain why. I was just over it. Months of training culminating to finish one race and I couldn't muster up the mental strength to stick with it. Yes, I finished. Yes, I PRed. But it was not the race I wanted. I guess I'm just disappointed in myself, I thought I was tougher than that. I'm sure I will get over it in a few days, but for now I just feel like sulking a bit.

I'm taking some time off from marathon training. I want to get back to shorter, faster, funner races. I also don't have the time between my internship, work and grad school to dedicate to marathon training.

I have already started looking for a half for January, maybe in Houston since my parents both got bibs in the lottery.

There will be another marathon somewhere down the road (no pun intended), but for now it's time to get back to the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment