Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Update

Once again, it has been far too long since I have updated my blog. I really don't know why I don't post more often. It only takes a few minutes and I have had so much on my mind lately. I really need to figure out how to make this thing a bit more interactive (adding links, more pics, and the like).

So part of this blog has been inspired by my uncle, Tim. Tim works in the sport industry and I have always looked up to him. He gives me advice and I send him updates from time to time about what is going on with school and work. Today he sent me an email that said "it is great to see that you are making your life happen". And it is so friggin true. Life won't happen for you, you have to go out and get it. So here's what's been going on lately:

School- finished my first class, pretty sure I got an A, but I won't know for a few weeks. Started my second class, prof is pretty cool, lots of reading and writing for this one, but we get to dress casual, class is discussion based and we will usually get out early, WIN! I know I only go to class once a week, but by 9 PM on a Wednesday, my brain is fried! Side note: I should be writing my paper right now, but I decided to write this blog first...I know bad. Oh well.

Work- I now work at lululemon. I absolutely, positively freaking love it! There are so many opportunities for personal growth and exploration. The next two weeks I am getting ready to write out my goals: personal, health, career and fitness for the next 1, 5 and 10 years. WOW! Also coming up is the Equinox challenge and I hope to get back into the gym routine and not let training for races consume my physical activity.

Internship- I landed an internship! FINALLY, I was started to stress!! I am now working at Fox Sport in the Marketing dept doing on-air promos. It's a rad gig. Today I got to see some filming outside and then watched and logged sound bits for baseball. Thursday I get to start working on football!! Very excited for this internship!

Marathon- the Long Beach Marathon is this weekend. I can't say I am excited. Training was going great, but then I got hurt and my training took a back seat to nursing my ankle. I know this race won't be the one I planned for, but I really just want to PR, hopefully by at least 20 minutes. Goal is 4:05-4:10, but I will be happy under 4:15. I really just want to get back to well-rounded workouts and some shorter races. I need to drop some weight and work on my speed. No doubt I will do another marathon, probably next fall.

So I really need to get back to my paper so I can get to bed on time tonight. I will really try to make my posts more frequently.

Oh, one more thing. I have come up with a new daily mantra (well that's what I'm calling it). Since my life is getting really hectic, I need to make sure that I have a balance...Lulu also teaches us this. So here it is, everyday I would like to do: something good at work, have a great workout, and make sure I set aside sometime to so something that I enjoy (other than running, like watching a TV episode or reading a non-school book).

That's it for now!

Ashley

ps I am too lazy to spell check this right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment