Monday, June 7, 2010

Amazing News!!

I have great news to share!! Last Thursday I found out I was accepted to the graduate school that I applied to!!! It is at Cal State Long Beach for Sport Management. I am so excited to quit my current job, start school and a new career path. This place was really bringing me down. I have already been looking at different places to intern at: MESP, AVP, LA Marathon just to name a few. I am ready to turn my passions into my career.

Over the weekend I took part in my very first beach volleyball tournament. Seeing how I have only been playing for a week, I was pretty nervous. Before last weekend, the most volleyball I played was messing around in the backyard with my sister when she played. So I was very impressed with myself when we made it all the way to the semis only to be knocked out by a couple who had been playing together for a long time (it was the first time I had ever played with my teammate). I think like many sports, it takes awhile to find someone that you are compatible with. I would like to play several more times with different people to see who I mesh with best.

I am still struggling with food. I have been doing much better about seperating my emotions from food and not eating impulsively, however, I still could be making much better choices at mealtimes. If you want to run like a champion, you must eat like a champion. I have decided to eat the same food at dinner during the weekend days. I eat the same thing for breakfast Monday-Friday and I think it helps get me into a routine. Dinner M-F will now be brown rice, veggies and a protein. I need the consistancy.

I have also decided that I need to fully commit to working out in the morning. Lately there have been other things in the evening that I have wanted to do that are taking up my work out time. Plus is if I work out in the morning and then play volleyball or ride my bike in the evening I almost get a double workout.

So here is the new weekday plan:

Monday- Spin or cardio & strength
Tuesday- Run
Wednesday- Spin or cardio & strength (may do PM class because I really like instructor)
Thursday- Run
Friday- Cardio & strength
Saturday- Long run followed by volleyball
Sunday-Volleyball

I know it's a lot, but I like it that way, keeps me on my toes. I will probably use Friday as more of a rest day than a true cardio day. And there will also be some weekend where I don't play much volleyball or it will be recreational so I don't count that as a workout day. My 25th birthday and yearly family vacation is in 8 weeks and I want to look great. After I get back from vacation, I start school and I want to feel my best and be confident. I know I can do it, it will just take a lot of focus and dedication on my part. I am also really looking forward to adding the strength training back into my workout, I think it makes a big difference in weight loss for me.

I think it might be time for me to revisit my list I made at the beginning of the year, I have some crossing off to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment