Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Head For The Hills

Day #2 of training has been conquered! Today was a "hills" day with no goal pace. I ran a new course into PV. I ran and out and back course so that I wouldn't get lost because I was running in some unknown territory. The run went by fast, I'm guessing that's because it was a change of scenery and I didn't know what was next. My time was just over 41 min, and I am happy with that. I tackled a pretty big hill that was almost a mile long. Not sure on the elevation change, but it was steep! I took one break in the middle of the hill, and next time I hope to run the whole thing without stopping. My calf held up pretty well, although I did stop once to stretch it and it felt tight. After the turn around I ran the entire distance home without stopping. That was an accomplishment to me because lately I have been feeling sluggish and taking too many breaks. I felt strong during the run. And I know it is VERY early on in training, but I have been running with so much more confidence lately.

Side note: tried on a pair of pants today and they are still feeling snug. (I know I am at a good weight when they fit comfortably) That was a little bit discouraging because I feel like I have been working so hard lately. I just have to keep at it...the weight loss will come. I should probably write another post today to address the list that I made in one of my first posts. That would help me stay positive by looking at how far I have come this year.

Tomorrow is listed as a "rest" day for training, but I will probably go to the gym and do an easy workout on the elliptical. I have been slacking on my weight training again...need to get those sessions in. They are short, there is no excuse.

I watched an inspirational video the other day about running. They always choke me up. Who knew something so simple could make me so emotional. Here's a quote from the video, I will share more in future posts:

"Why do I run?....Because when I do, there is always the chance to be extraordinary."

3 comments:

  1. I know what hill you ran!!!! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! As my hill runs get longer I plan to venture down PV Blvd a little bit more. I like that I don't know what's next, keeps the run interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow, can't wait to read more of your blog. I love finding new runners to talk with!!

    ReplyDelete