Monday, June 28, 2010

Training Day One

Woohooo!! Today kicked off my first day of training for my next marathon. I ran 4 miles this morning in 39:13. That's a little bit quicker than the plan, it would have put me at 40:16, but I gave a kick in the last mile because I was feeling good! I did the run on one of my usual courses, down the esplanade to the strand, to the pier and back. Luckily it is still gloomy in the morning which has been keeping the heat away. That also brings a bit of humidity, but I can handle that, it's nothing compared to what I had to deal with in Texas for all those years.

I know it is early, but I am feeling very confindent about the marathon this time around. I learned a lot from the last one. If I can make it through the training and stay injury free I should be looking at a pretty decent PR. Breaking 4 hours will always be in the back of my mind, but I know that it is probably not going to happen this time around.

My "diet" has been going well. I have been counting calories, aiming for 1500-1700 per day. The jeans were feeling a little looser this morning, so that makes me feel good. I went grocery shopping last night and am packing lunches for work again this week. Saves me a ton of money too!! I leave for my parents house 5 weeks from tomorrow and want to look good. I am in training mode now so that helps make me mentally tough and stay on track. Slow and steady. Consistency.

Hoping that this week goes by quickly. Long weekend ahead with some beach time and volleyball action. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment