Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

By far one of the best weekends I have had in a very long time. And I sure needed it! We got off work early on Friday and I had time to run some errands and settle in for the night. The rest of the weekend was spent running, biking, hanging at the beach and playing volleyball. I did three runs this weekend...8 Saturday, 6 Sunday and a short 3 miler on Monday on the beach. My runs were much slower than usual, but I didn't mind, I was just happy to be out there. I took a volleyball class on Sunday morning too. I am so impressed with how much better I got in just two days!! I had basically zero experience. Actually I was a bit angry with myself for not starting sooner....I was always afraid that I would embarrass myself. Terrible reason not to try something new! I love it now! Taking class again tomorrow and playing more this week and weekend. It keeps me motivated to be healthy and fit so I look good in my bikini!! Planning on an easy run tonight and maybe some strength training.

Short and sweet today. I have doing much better with my eating, not guilting myself and being very conscious about what I put in my mouth and what my hunger levels are. Haven't weighed myself yet by I think the scale should start heading in the right direction...the side with the lower numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment