Wednesday, June 23, 2010

World Cup

I am loving the World Cup action!! Even though it is half way around the world and the game times aren't the most convenient, I have still managed to watch most of the games. I am very proud of our boys today. Even though the score does not reflect the skill of the two teams (we outplayed Algeria by a long shot), I am happy that we came away with the win. We had many missed opportunities. We will need to make sure we finish in our game against Ghana on Saturday.

That being said, I am super excited to watch the US's round of 16 game. Having grown up playing soccer into my collegiate years, it is amazing to see the support of the viewers. Even this morning people were dressed in flags at the bar at 7 AM. It gives me hope that the sport of soccer will continue to grow here.

The England/Germany game will also be spectacular.

I can't wait for this weekend. I am planning on watching some good soccer, playing beach volleyball and hopefully getting in a semi-longish run (8 miles) before the game on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo a run with ME!!!! I'll be watching all day on saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That run was a great way to kick start the weekend, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete